Family Promise of Grand Rapids
Office Administrator –Job Posting
Family Promise of Grand Rapids strives to give parents the hope and encouragement they need to create a better future for their kids and end the cycle of homelessness. Through our emergency shelter, housing services, home ownership opportunities and family engagement/stabilization services, we’ve helped over 2,500 families build a stronger future.
At Family Promise of Grand Rapids, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization and community stronger. Our culture is the result of our behaviors, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. This culture brings us together, allows us to stand out, and empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.
The organized, efficient, flexible person in this position will support the leadership team and staff of Family Promise of Grand Rapids. Coordinates activities and operational infrastructure throughout the organization.
- Has Passion for Mission
- Prioritizes Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Is Dedicated to Hospitality
- Collaborates Intentionally
- Is Hungry, Humble and Smart
- Assumes Good Intent
- Strives for Excellence and Sustained Impact
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Ensures efficient and effective operations of the office and administration area.
- Manages IT hardware and IT service need for staff (in coordination with VP of Business Intelligence). Maintains organizational online passwords.
- Provide support to the Finance team in the opening of mail daily and preparing checks for deposit.
- Maintains Google Suite (new emails, calendar access, employee access, etc.).
- Assist in the tracking of organization assets assigned to staff (i.e. laptops, phones, printers, monitors).
- On-site point person for vendors and partners related to facilities maintenance, phones, and office equipment (not negotiating contracts).
- Orders and maintains office supplies and services (including IT supplies) and monitoring/coordinates facility supplies.
- Coordinator for call center (Cunningham Communications).
- FPGR Board of Directors onboarding and training coordination with CEO.
- Assist Leadership Team with expense reimbursement, travel calendars, itineraries, and bookings and assist in preparing regularly scheduled reports and presentations.
- Coordinates scheduling and planning with staff schedules and executive calendars.
- Fields technical and logistical questions (processes, problem-solving related to information flow, and office procedure).
- Helps plan meetings, staff events, and initiatives.
- Keep shared office spaces organized.
- Handles incoming and outgoing administrative packages and mail.
- Document Retention annual process (Paper and Email).
- Coordinate appreciation for vendors offering reduced and pro-bono work and ensure in-kind letters go out.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Past experience in administrative support position required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in non-profit or faith-based organization preferred (board membership, employment, volunteering, or community engagement).
- Requires flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients, vendors and other community partners.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters and ability to maintain confidentiality of all materials.
- Energetic, self-motivated, organized individual who is accustomed to working in a deadline-focused, high-pressure entrepreneurial environment.
- Creative and open-minded individual who fosters an environment in which sharing of ideas is encouraged.
- Extensive software skills, internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
- Strong time management and task prioritization ability along with extensive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with no degradation in quality.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as effectively within a team. Must be able to work well with colleagues, board members and volunteers to promote a collaborative and supportive culture.
- Must be detail oriented and able to execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Gmail/google drive (and other google products).
Full Time, position. No direct employee supervision.
Go to http://www.familypromisegr.org/home to learn more about us.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background verification checks.
Family Promise of Grand Rapids is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Family Promise of Grand Rapids is committed to recruiting, employing, compensating, and promoting the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Resumes can be submitted via the job posting link below or by visiting our website. Questions can be directed to Garrison Gaddy at Family Promise of Grand Rapids at 616-608-0576 or firstname.lastname@example.org