Office Administrator–Job Posting
Family Promise of Grand Rapids strives to give parents the hope and encouragement they need to create a better future for their kids and end the cycle of homelessness. Through our emergency shelter, housing services, homeownership opportunities, and family engagement/stabilization services, we’ve helped over 2,500 families build a stronger future.
At Family Promise of Grand Rapids, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization and community stronger. Our culture is the result of our behaviors, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. This culture brings us together, allows us to stand out, and empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.
The organized, efficient, flexible person in this position will support the leadership team and staff of Family Promise of Grand Rapids. Primary support will involve program coordination, reporting, facilities, human resource, IT support, and general office administration.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Ensures efficient and effective operations of the office and administration area.
- Manages IT hardware and IT service needs for staff (in coordination with VP of Business Intelligence). Maintains organizational online passwords.
- Provides support to the Finance team in the opening of mail daily and preparing checks for deposit.
- Maintains Google Suite (new emails, calendar access, employee access, etc.).
- Administrative support for Human Resources: time tracking, benefits administration, recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new employees (Bamboo - logistics, compliance).
- Assist in tracking organization assets assigned to staff (i.e. laptops, phones, printers, monitors).
- On-site point person for vendors and partners related to facilities maintenance, phones, and office equipment (not negotiating contracts).
- Orders and maintains office supplies and services (including IT supplies) and monitoring/ coordinating facility supplies.
- Coordinator for call center (Cunningham Communications).
- FPGR Board of Director's onboarding and training coordination with CEO.
- Assist Leadership Team with expense reimbursement, travel calendars, itineraries, and bookings and assist in preparing regularly scheduled reports and presentations.
- Assists with implementation and management of projects related to company culture and employee wellness (satisfaction surveys).
- Coordinates scheduling and planning with staff schedules and executive calendars.
- Fields technical and logistical questions (processes, problem-solving related to information flow, and office procedure).
- Helps plan meetings, staff events, and initiatives.
- Keeps shared office spaces organized.
- Handles incoming and outgoing administrative packages and mail.
- Document Retention annual process (Paper and Email).
- Coordinate appreciation for vendors offering reduced and pro-bono work and ensure in-kind letters go out.
Dimensions and Working Relationships:
- Reports to the COO.
- No employee supervision responsibilities.
- Full-time, non-exempt position.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Past experience in administrative support position required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in non-profit or faith-based organizations preferred (board membership, employment, volunteering, or community engagement).
- Requires flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients, vendors, and other community partners.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters and ability to maintain the confidentiality of all materials.
- Extensive software skills, internet research abilities, and strong communication skills.
- Strong time management and task prioritization ability along with extensive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with no degradation in quality.
- Must have excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as effectively within a team. Must be able to work well with colleagues, board members, and volunteers to promote a collaborative and supportive culture.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to execute flawlessly on projects in a fast-paced, often pressured environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Gmail/google drive (and other Google products).
- Work is performed on sight at the Family Promise offices located at 516 Cherry Street, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Lifting of materials of up to 20 pounds may be necessary.
- The job may require working occasional evenings and weekends, based on organization needs.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background verification checks.
Family Promise of Grand Rapids is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are dedicated to recruiting, employing, compensating, and promoting on the basis of qualification and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Resumes can be submitted through the job posting link or by visiting our website. Questions can be directed to Lisa Valk at Family Promise of Grand Rapids firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-608-8918. Go to http://www.familypromisegr.org/home to learn more about us.