Family Promise of Grand Rapids: Vice President of Business Intelligence –Job Posting
Family Promise of Grand Rapids strives to give parents the hope and encouragement they need to create a better future for their kids and end the cycle of homelessness. Through our emergency shelter, housing services, home ownership opportunities and family engagement/stabilization services, we’ve helped over 2,500 families build a stronger future.
The Vice President of Business Intelligence will be the strategic data lead for the organization with a focus of developing key business insights and strategic planning through data management and data analytics. Additionally, this person will serve as a strategic advisor to the program team for performance metrics and as part of the leadership team for strategic business development opportunities.
Family Promise of Grand Rapids is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Family Promise of Grand Rapids is committed to recruiting, employing, compensating and promoting the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Maintains and aligns all data systems and data sets related to programs, financials, donors, and operations.
- Ensures data quality and integrity for organizational information.
- Implement data pipeline from program staff to organizational dashboards.
- Research, analyze and create business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, spreadsheets for reporting and external use.
- Synthesizes current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action in services and new business unit development.
- Create data-driven data models & visualizations using Tableau (or other tool) to advance strategic decision making for all agency services.
- Initiate continual process improvement efforts that enhance automation and standardization of data entry, analytics and reporting for program evaluation and grant reporting.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed for community initiatives.
- Provide regular reports (including annual performance reports) on various business functions to leadership team and board for purposes of business development and program management.
- Provide oversight over donor database and data management, including providing reports to the development team for management of the Annual Plan.
Dimensions and Working Relationships:
- Reports to the COO, works on frequent projects with the CEO and is a member of the Leadership Team
- No direct management of staff. But indirect leadership with VP’s, Directors, and Managers for information management.
- Responsible for the oversight of all data systems, information (programmatic and organizational), and budgets associated with this area.
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Business administration, business intelligence, data science, information systems, or another related field required.
- Minimum 5years prior strategic leadership experience.
- Ability to work autonomously in fast-paced stressful environment.
- Naturally intuitive in nature and possesses a drive for exploration to know what story the information can tell.
- Committed to finding a better way, always, in all we do.
- Technical requirements and experience in data analysis (inferential and predictive statistics), data mining methodologies, and business intelligence design (Tableau, Power BI, or similar tool). Desired skills include programming (R, Python, or a similar language), database design, and data warehousing.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical, prioritization, judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills with a focus on outcomes improvement and organizational development, Project management certification is desired.
- Excellence in managing strategic relationships and experience in managing the political environment and interests of the broader community.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to community complex data in easily digestible ways.
- Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate executive level relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong commitment to business and research ethics.
- Is action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, innovative, self-directed, and possesses a positive attitude.
- Be completely committed to the organizations mission.
- Comfortable working in a faith-based environment.
- Work is performed remotely from home during COVID and will be in office when we can safely return to office.
- Lifting of materials of up to 15 pounds may be necessary.
- Job may require working occasional evenings and weekends.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background verification checks.
Resumes can be submitted through the job posting link or by visiting our website. Questions can be directed to Lisa Valk at Family Promise of Grand Rapids email@example.com or 616-608-8918. Go to http://www.familypromisegr.org/home to learn more about us.